Many people ask me to recommend books for them and to be honest that freaks me out because I KNOW that each one of us has a different taste in books and the fact that you might not like the book i recommended to you is scary. However, I won’t let that stop me from raving about my favorite summer books and in the end you can always pick whatever suits your taste. YOU SHOULD STILL DOWNLOAD/READ A SAMPLE BEFORE PURCHASING ANY BOOK just to see if it’s something worth buying.
Summer days are long and hot so fun, fast paced and cute books are the best type of books to take with you to the beach, swimming pool or even if you’re staying at home 👙🌊
🐠 SUMMER SERIES 🐠
- The Summer I Turned Pretty series by jenny Han is a page turner that’s filled with emotions and adorableness. I read this series a very long while ago and then i reread it a year ago and i still felt the same way about it and i couldn’t put it down even though i already knew what’s going to happen.
- Airhead series by Meg Cabot so this is not particularly a summerish series but it’s fun and creative. If you have read any of Meg Cabot books then you must definitely want to read this. Meg Cabot books are funny, cute and very easy to read. If you’re new to reading and you want something that will help you enjoy reading more then check this out.
- Whispering Pines series by Jen Calonita consist of two books that are not really connected, like it wouldn’t matter that much if you didn’t read Sleepaway Girls to read Summer State of Mind but the are some characters that shows up in both books and I’m sure if you start one of them then you want to read the other but do start with Sleepaway Girls. These books are really fun and they’re about camping and meeting new people. It’s a Middle Grade/Young Adult series so it’s another easy read that’s totally cute.
- Belles series which is also by Jen Calonita has the rags to riches Cinderella kind of story and it’s very interesting especially if you like stories like that and it’s all about the high-school drama and trying to fit in but it’s very delightful and it’s filled with cute moments. It also reminds me of Korean Tv drama so if you like Korean Tv dramas then check this out!
- Broken Hearts & Revenge series by Katie Finn (pen name for Morgan Matson) is the ultimate summer series and it’s all about revenge. There’s a lot of high-school/backstabbing drama that will have you sitting at the edge of your seat and trust me when i say you will not be able to put this series down.
🐚 SUMMER STAND-ALONE 🐚
- Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin is actually a series but i only read the first book and i was satisfied with how everything ended so i didn’t feel any need to read the second book. This book is about two girls with a very different lifestyle that go through a lot but at a certain point their lives collide and you get to experience both lifestyles and that’s really interesting.
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger is so good! it’s really fun and it’s really hard to put down because once you start it you want to finish it. It’s not exactly a summery book but i did read it in summer and that’s why i felt the need to add it to this pile.
- Morgan Matson is an amazing author and Since You’ve Been Gone is one of the best books that i have read by her. Don’t be fooled by the title because i thought that it was going to be one of those books that will get me depressed but it was absolutely fun. It’s all about breaking out of your shell and trying out new and different things. It’s light but also deep… it’s perfectly balanced and It will make you laugh, tear up and smile.
- One Of The Guys by Lisa Aldin is totally underrated. So it’s about a tomboy girl who does something extremely stupid and get her self in an all girls school, having to wear a skirt and act like lady was pretty tough for her but she ends up starting this “new” business where she hire her male best friends as dates to her fellow female classmates and it’s absolutely fun until she realizes that the most sought-after guy that she’s hiring is the one that she might actually be in love with. It’s one of those fun summer books that you finish in one sitting and yeah it’s a bit cliché and cheesy but in the most delightful way.
- Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg will turn you into a puddle, that’s how cute this book is. It’s all about friendship and love. It’s an easy, light and fun book to read when you’re in a reading slump or you simply want a fun, fast-paced book to read after finishing off a huge fantasy/sci-fi book.
- Kasie West is probably the queen of Contemporary books because i absolutely loved all of her contemporary books and I’m dying to get the one she’s releasing soon! So you have got On the fence, The Distance Between Us and The Fill-in Boyfriend each one of them has a different story and different characters. However, they’re all set in the same world and some of the side characters show up in more than one book.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick is a beautiful summery book that talks about friendship, love and being honest. The fictional male character is very swoon worthy and I’m sure you will have a major crush on him. The story is beautiful and touching and there are many cute and funny moments that you will adore.
- The Siren by Kiera Cass is a unique story that talks about the ocean and the sirens. It’s worth reading especially if you love new, different and unique stories. It’s not a fun, light book because you see people struggle in this book but there are many cute moments and it’s a gripping story that you won’t forget easily.
- I read Roomies by Lindy Zart last year in summer and boy was i obsessed! it was totally adorable and funny. If you love love-triangles then this book is for you. This book will turn you heart into mush from all the cute moments that are in it.
Talking about all of those books make me feel a bit nostalgic and i honestly think that i need to reread many of those books! i hope that you find this post useful and you enjoy my recommendations