You live under a rock if you still haven’t heard anything about Fairyloot, that’s a fact but HEY there is no shame in that. Patrick Star lives under a rock and he’s perfectly fine .. at least for me and I’m sure once he hears about Fairyloot he is going to be their number 1 fan and same goes for you.
Fairyloot is a .. take a deep breath .. YA-UK-based-Book-Subscription-box that’s mainly focused on FANTASY! Don’t worry they include other (AWESOME!) themes as well. YES THEY DO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY. Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it? Well Fairyloot is the best and most magical book subscription box. Inside the box you get a new released YA book and 4-5 other bookish items. Why do i love Fairyloot so much you’re wondering? First of all, the creator of Fairyloot is the sweetest human-being/Fairy in the world. Secondly, The books that are in their boxes are always great books. Lastly, the attention of details and efforts that are put into this box is beyond me.
I mean, look there is a beautiful quote on the box. I don’t think that i’ll ever be able to throw this box away because it’s beautiful.
They wrap up the book beautifully and i love how most things in the box match. Fairyloot is perfect and i can’t stop talking about that.
The theme for this month (June) is CLASSIC TWIST 🎩
You can watch my unboxing video HERE!
- Those beautiful prints are in the box and the one on the right is actually the unboxing guide 💞 The one on the left has one of my favorite quotes of Pride and Prejudice and it was made by FAIRYLOOT! It’s beautiful and the details are seriously on point
- I’m all about bookmarks and i am totally in love with those. This set of 3 Literary quotes of bookmarks is from Fable and Black. The bookmarks are bright, beautiful and totally bookish! exactly how i like my bookmarks to be.
- I totally wasn’t kidding when i said that Fairyloot is the best because LOOK! They even included a candle in this month’s box. This is the Bronte’s Secret Candle and it was made by William and Joseph exclusively for Fairyloot ✨ It smells so gooooood and i want to light it up but at the same time i don’t want to use it because i want it to last till forever
- Those beautiful Swallow Earrings are from House of Wonderland. Your ears will never go naked again especially when you’re reading a classic/historical book .. why? because i said so.
- Chapter 5 Proud to be Bookish bracelet is a bonus item and it’s adorable! I just love it.
- A MR.DARCY FUNKO POP! I am sure that nobody was expecting a full size Funko POP! Vinyl Figure but here it’s in its full glory 💖 Did you receive Mr. Darcy or Elizabeth Bennet?
- And the book of the month is 🥁 Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh 🥁 and again that’s one of the reasons why i love Fairyloot so much, they are always choosing THEE perfect book! the kind of book that you are really excited to read. This book came with a SIGNED letter, a bookmark, a postcard (YES! now i can take it with me everywhere and take pictures of it without having to carry the actual book) and a SIGNED bookplate!
The June Classic Twist box was amazing and it was filled to the brim with gorgeous items 💜
Don’t forget to join their newsletter so you could be informed on when you can order their August box because the theme is Dark Deeds and trust me when i say you don’t want to miss out on that box and fair warning YOU BETTER GET YOURS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT! because they sell out fast.
Broken Prince by Erin Watt💙
Broken Prince is the second book in The Royals series, the first one is Paper Princess and I have a full review of it up on my blog so you can check it out. I am obsessed with this series, it’s really good and you guys can’t fathom how happy I was when I got en email saying I received an ARC of Broken Prince.
Usually second books are not as interesting as the first book (For me at least) but not in this case. Broken Prince was just as good as Paper Princess and oh myyyy god it was filled with plot twists, characters development and unexpected things that will leave you dying to get TWISTED PALACE!
In Broken Prince you get to know more about The Royals and that’s a blessing because they’re all complex characters and everybody wants to know why they’re this way so Broken Prince strips away layer after layer of some specific characters and yeah your favorite Royal might be one of those characters 🌪 you also get to read the story from two different point of views and that’s just awesome. Like I said before there are some killer plot twists In this book and you will not be able to put it down. I kinda had a meltdown after finishing this book BECAUSE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING AFTER READING BROKEN PRINCE I seriously can’t wait till October to read Twisted Palace and yeah I’ve been Royally Ruined since I’ve read the blurb of Paper Princess 💁🏻 if you haven’t read Paper Princess yet then check it out and you can read the first 10 chapters without buying the book and trust me you will get hooked and you will not be able to stop reading it .. You’re welcome in advance ✨ and if you’re waiting for Broken Prince then HANG IN THERE because it’s definitely worth every second of the wait
And I Darken by Kiersten White ⚔
Vlad The Impaler is one of the most vicious, gruesome and sadistic historical figure. He’s also known for being the inspiration for the fictional character “Count Dracula” interesting, right? Well Kristen White thought it’d be even more interesting if Vlad The Impaler was a girl and she’s more than right and the only you can confirm that is by reading And I Darken.
This book consumed my heart and brain and I simply can’t stop thinking about it. And I Darkness is a unique dark story, it’s nothing like any YA book you have read before. It’s a story that follows the life of Princess Lada Dragwlya the daughter of the prince of Wallachia, from the day she was born. Lada is very different from any princess, she’s brutal and a bit dark unlike her gentle, sweet younger brother Radu. Lada and Radu were wrenched from Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts. You follow their story as they grow older in the lands of their enemies, and it’s a story that you really don’t want to miss out.
And I Darken talks about politics, religions and sexism in an honest, satisfying way that doesn’t cause harm to anybody and that’s a rare thing. The characters of this book are really interesting and complex. I loved Lada because she’s simply strong, hot tempered and different from any other heroine. One of the best things about this book is that you see those characters grow and develop their personalities and differences. Like I said before it’s really interesting and it talks about an era that not many people are familiar with so trust me when I say that you won’t be able to put it down.
This book was provided by Netgalley and the release date of this book is on 28th of June.
Illumicrate is a UK based quarterly book subscription box that ships internationally! Inside the box you will get a new released book and other things for book lovers ✨ the box costs £29.99 which includes free shipping for UK! Additional shipping costs will be applied for international shipping. What i like about Illumicrate is that each and every single box they sent out had an AMAZING new released book and some really awesome bookish item so all of that makes it worth the wait! You can also watch my unboxing video.
This is the May box and these are the contents of the box:
- The book of the month is “When We Collided” by Emery Lord and it came with a signed bookplate and some really cute postcards (Picture below)
- There’s also a sample for “Stranger The Dreamer” by Laini Taylor which is one of my high anticipated books of 2016.
- Exclusive Ex Libris Stamp by Little Stamp Store and i got the fox one 😍 it’s so adorable, i am going to stamp everything i own with it!
- Book Club Mug by The Art of Escapism. This is actually a plastic mug and that’s bloody brilliant! Now i have a bookish mug that i will be able take with me everywhere and i won’t have to worry about it breaking.
- A gorgeous “Readers Gonna Read” pin by Literary Emporium.
- An adorable exclusive Bookworm Clips by My Bookish Mark.
- “To Be Read List” Notepad by Goodnight Boutique. It’s so pretty and useful! 💜
Most of those items were made EXCLUSIVELY made for Illumicrate and that’s not all .. There were loads of extras and you get a discount code for the above shops.
If you have any question about this box i would be more than happy to answer 💛
Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally ⚽️
Synopsis of the book: “Captain of the soccer team, president of the Debate Club, contender for valedictorian: Taylor’s always pushed herself to be perfect. After all, that’s what is expected of a senator’s daughter. But one impulsive decision—one lie to cover for her boyfriend—and Taylor’s kicked out of private school. Everything she’s worked so hard for is gone, and now she’s starting over at Hundred Oaks High.
Soccer has always been Taylor’s escape from the pressures of school and family, but it’s hard to fit in and play on a team that used to be her rival. The only person who seems to understand all that she’s going through is her older brother’s best friend, Ezra. Taylor’s had a crush on him for as long as she can remember. But it’s hard to trust after having been betrayed. Will Taylor repeat her past mistakes or can she score a fresh start?”
Defending Taylor is fun, fast-paced and a delightful book to read, especially around the summer time. Taylor’s character reminded of myself and I’m sure many people will relate to her as well because she works really hard to the point where she sometime forgets to have fun and enjoy living the moment. In this book you see how her character develops and how she handles life’s obstacles, it’s a fun learning process. It talks about friendships, relationships and family ties all in one. There are so many cute moments in this book and there are many frustrating moments as well, it’s like a roller-coaster 🎢 The release date is on July the 5th and I can’t wait to hear what you thought about this book!
Can you believe that we are already halfway through this year? Crazy i know. On the bright side the release date of so many AWESOME books is drawing nearer 😍❤️ I have read a total of 55 books so far this year (yay! 🎉) and i decided to make a list of my TOP 10 FAVORITE BOOKS.
*My top 10 favorite books of 2016 so far:
⚔ The Falling Kingdoms series ⚔
- The Falling Kingdom series by Morgan Rhodes. This a Fantasy YA series that i have loved with all of my heart. The first 4 books (Falling Kingdoms, Rebel Spring, Gathering of Darkness and Frozen Tides) are out and the 5th one will be released in December 2017. It’s intense, exciting and you will devour the first 4 books in a very short amount of time because you will not be able to put it down. This series reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones and the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas yet it’s really underrated and not many people know about but if you liked TOG series then there’s no doubt that you will like this too.
📜 Ruined 📜
- Ruined by Amy Tintera is also a high-fantasy YA novel that got released not too long ago. I got into this book with very low exceptions but it ended up being one of my favorite books that i have read so far in this year.
🔄 The Problem with Forever 🔄
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L.Armentrout. This is a beautiful stand-alone NA book with a vey beautiful message. Books like that tend to be overwhelming and .. heavy on the heart but this book was perfectly balanced in every aspect and i simply had to read it in one-sitting.
✨ The Wrath and The Dawn series ✨
- The Wrath and The Dawn duology by Renee Ahdien ✨ It’s the perfect YA retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. There’s fantasy and romance in it. It’s very interesting, unique and i was really impressed with it.
❤️ Queen of Hearts ❤️
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakley ♥️ ♠️ ♦️ ♣️ where do i even start? This book is very creative. The world building and characters are just beyond words. it’s certainly one of my favorite retelling. However, many people thought that it’s too short and it should be considered a prequel .. but these are just two different opinions and i really want to hear yours.
🔏 The Conspiracy of Us series🔏
- The Conspiracy of Us series by Maggie Hall. This is a YA/Mystery series in which the main characters go from one place to another to try and uncover something life-changing. I honestly got the first book because the cover looked very interesting and after reading the back of it i decided to start it and start it i did .. i ended up purchasing an ebook of Map of Fates (the second book) simply because i couldn’t wait for my copy to be shipped and delivered, yup i was THAT into it.
⚙ The Firebird series ⚙
- If you’re following me on Instagram you have probably heard me raving about this series. I read it in January and i’m still just obsessed as i was when i first read it. The first book is A Thousand Pieces of You and the second book is Ten Thousand skies above you and they’re written by the amazing Claudia Gray.
💰 Paper Princess 💰
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt is really entertaining, if you know me you probably know that I’m sooooo picky when it comes to romantic books but I totally adored this book. It has the perfect amount of everything including cheesiness. If you have watched Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) you will probably sense some similarities like the whole “they” rule their highs school and they decide who should be bullied or not. However, there are major differences like the guys can be very irritating and it has the Cinderella “rags to riches thing” going on. Ella is a strong female character and I totally love that because she stands up for herself and what she believe is right, her actions are totally understandable and she’s awesome. It’s a YA/NA book but I believe that’s it’s more of a NA book because it can get pretty steamy at certain times. I totally recommend that you download the sample because you get to read the first 10 chapters and see whether it’s something you like or not
📅 November 9 📅
- We all know how great Colleen Hoover books are and November 9 is no exception at all. One simply cannot make a favorite list without adding a Colleen Hoover book in it. This just shows how good her books are.
💎 Precious Stone Trilogy 💎
- So we have Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier. The reason why I loved this series so much is because YA books changed a lot in the past couple of years, the stories are more complicated and the characters are so complex .. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but sometimes you just miss the old simple stories and this series delivers that.
So those are my top 10 favorite books of 2016 (so far) what are yours? BTW if you want to know more about each book click on the title and it will redirect you to my review of each book.
*This list is not organized in any way, I’m just randomly listing those books.
The Wrath and The Dawn 🏹
Synopsis from Goodreads: “One Life to One Dawn.
In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad’s dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph’s reign of terror once and for all.
Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expected begins to happen: Khalid is nothing like what she’d imagined him to be. This monster is a boy with a tormented heart.”
The only thing that I could think of right now is HOW DID I NOT PICK UP THIS BOOK EARLIER? it was amazing. The world building is beautiful, descriptive and magical ✨ The characters in this book are amazing .. Most of them are unique and complex but I’m sure you’ll fall head over heels in love with them. So this story was inspired by A Thousand and One Nights so it has that Arabian theme to it and it’s really interesting and fascinating .. I’m not kidding when I say it’s such a page turner.
Shahrzad is an interesting character that I didn’t know what to feel about till the middle of the book because she’s strong, sassy and a bit bratty yet I couldn’t justify some of her actions at the beginning but now that I finished the book I can’t help but admire and love her because she’s amazing. Khalid on the other hand is a whole other story. He had me from the moment I read “Boy-King” and I won’t deny that 🙈 I really love how the side characters have their own story and they’re just as important as the main characters, you rarely ever read that in books but it’s something that I absolutely love.
If you’re looking for a new, interesting and fast-paced YA duology then check this out because it has Romance, Fantasy and everything you’d ever need in a book.
I think I’ve over done it with the brightness in this picture ✨
The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L.Armentout ☄
This book was phenomenal. I got into it without knowing anything about this book because I had feeling that it’s one of those books that makes you think about your life and the life of those who suffer similar things that the characters in those book suffered and things like that scare me … A lot for many reasons and one of them is how cruel human beings can be. The story is beautiful and deep but not in an overwhelming way. It was perfect and that says a lot since i really don’t like deep stories. I loved everything about it and the characters are just amazing, there’s a deep beautiful meaning behind it and it’s one that I’ll never take for granted. The whole set up of this book reminded me of Step Up and I adored that because I love Step Up. Rider is someone I wanna rip out of the book pages and have in my life because he’s perfectly imperfect. I totally recommend this book to everybody who enjoys Colleen Hoover books.
I feel pretty bad that my review is short (I really loved the book and I feel guilty for doing that) but I wrote one while waiting at the dentist office and somehow that got deleted 😭 anyway the reason I’m not posting much anymore is because after getting my wisdom teeth, there’s a lump that formed in my mouth (disgusting IK!) and it’s extremely painful .. My cheek looks like it’s having a baby
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye 🏆
Synopsis from Goodreads: “Vika Andreyeva can summon the snow and turn ash into gold. Nikolai Karimov can see through walls and conjure bridges out of thin air.
They are enchanters—the only two in Russia—and with the Ottoman Empire and the Kazakhs threatening, the tsar needs a powerful enchanter by his side.
And so he initiated the Crown’s Game, a duel of magical skill—and the greatest test an enchanter will ever know. The victor becomes the Imperial Enchanter and the tsar’s most respected adviser. The defeated is sentenced to death.
Raised on tiny Ovchinin Island her whole life, Vika is eager for a chance to show off her talent in the grand capital of Saint Petersburg. But can she kill another enchanter—even when his magic calls to her like nothing else ever has?
For Nikolai, an orphan, the Crown’s Game is the chance of a lifetime. But his deadly opponent is a force to be reckoned with—beautiful, whip smart, imaginative—and he can’t stop thinking about her.
And when Pasha, Nikolai’s best friend and heir to the throne, also starts to fall for the mysterious enchantress, Nikolai must defeat the girl they both love… or be killed himself.
As long-buried secrets emerge, threatening the future of the empire, it becomes dangerously clear—the Crown’s Game is not one to lose”
There’s no doubt that this book is interesting and intense. However it took me 4-6 days to finish it (I don’t even remember) and I think that if I had read it faster I would have liked it more but I was really busy in the past couple of days so my the length of my reading time was shorten 💔 I loved the concept of it and the world building .. It reminded me a lot of The Night Circus so if you liked that book I have a feeling that you will like this book too!
📦 May Bookhaul 📦
Before you say anything let me explain .. so yeah i got a lot of books and that’s due to the fact that May is my birthday month so most of them were presents and some of them were sent to me to read and review so please don’t say anything that would make me super uncomfortable like asking how much money i have and things like that. I’m not rich and yeah sometimes i get a lot of books but that’s simply because i go on bookbans so when i finally order books i order releases of every two-three months that i couldn’t get so instead of getting 5 books every month like you do i get 15 books every 3 months so we are both spending the same amount of money, okay?
The books that i got are:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L.Armentrout
- Dream A Little Dream by Kristen Gier
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- Down with The Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn
- Dream on by Kristen Gier
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- Queen of Heart by Colleen Oakley
- Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
- The Crown by Kiera Cass
- The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
- Unrivaled by Alyson Noel
- Summer Days and Summer Nights
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt
- Proposal Meg Cabot
📚 May Wrap-up 📚
by pressing on the name of the book you can check out my review 💞