Can you believe that we are already halfway through this year? Crazy i know. On the bright side the release date of so many AWESOME books is drawing nearer 😍❤️ I have read a total of 55 books so far this year (yay! 🎉) and i decided to make a list of my TOP 10 FAVORITE BOOKS.
*My top 10 favorite books of 2016 so far:
⚔ The Falling Kingdoms series ⚔
- The Falling Kingdom series by Morgan Rhodes. This a Fantasy YA series that i have loved with all of my heart. The first 4 books (Falling Kingdoms, Rebel Spring, Gathering of Darkness and Frozen Tides) are out and the 5th one will be released in December 2017. It’s intense, exciting and you will devour the first 4 books in a very short amount of time because you will not be able to put it down. This series reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones and the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas yet it’s really underrated and not many people know about but if you liked TOG series then there’s no doubt that you will like this too.
📜 Ruined 📜
- Ruined by Amy Tintera is also a high-fantasy YA novel that got released not too long ago. I got into this book with very low exceptions but it ended up being one of my favorite books that i have read so far in this year.
🔄 The Problem with Forever 🔄
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L.Armentrout. This is a beautiful stand-alone NA book with a vey beautiful message. Books like that tend to be overwhelming and .. heavy on the heart but this book was perfectly balanced in every aspect and i simply had to read it in one-sitting.
✨ The Wrath and The Dawn series ✨
- The Wrath and The Dawn duology by Renee Ahdien ✨ It’s the perfect YA retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. There’s fantasy and romance in it. It’s very interesting, unique and i was really impressed with it.
❤️ Queen of Hearts ❤️
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakley ♥️ ♠️ ♦️ ♣️ where do i even start? This book is very creative. The world building and characters are just beyond words. it’s certainly one of my favorite retelling. However, many people thought that it’s too short and it should be considered a prequel .. but these are just two different opinions and i really want to hear yours.
🔏 The Conspiracy of Us series🔏
- The Conspiracy of Us series by Maggie Hall. This is a YA/Mystery series in which the main characters go from one place to another to try and uncover something life-changing. I honestly got the first book because the cover looked very interesting and after reading the back of it i decided to start it and start it i did .. i ended up purchasing an ebook of Map of Fates (the second book) simply because i couldn’t wait for my copy to be shipped and delivered, yup i was THAT into it.
⚙ The Firebird series ⚙
- If you’re following me on Instagram you have probably heard me raving about this series. I read it in January and i’m still just obsessed as i was when i first read it. The first book is A Thousand Pieces of You and the second book is Ten Thousand skies above you and they’re written by the amazing Claudia Gray.
💰 Paper Princess 💰
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt is really entertaining, if you know me you probably know that I’m sooooo picky when it comes to romantic books but I totally adored this book. It has the perfect amount of everything including cheesiness. If you have watched Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) you will probably sense some similarities like the whole “they” rule their highs school and they decide who should be bullied or not. However, there are major differences like the guys can be very irritating and it has the Cinderella “rags to riches thing” going on. Ella is a strong female character and I totally love that because she stands up for herself and what she believe is right, her actions are totally understandable and she’s awesome. It’s a YA/NA book but I believe that’s it’s more of a NA book because it can get pretty steamy at certain times. I totally recommend that you download the sample because you get to read the first 10 chapters and see whether it’s something you like or not
📅 November 9 📅
- We all know how great Colleen Hoover books are and November 9 is no exception at all. One simply cannot make a favorite list without adding a Colleen Hoover book in it. This just shows how good her books are.
💎 Precious Stone Trilogy 💎
- So we have Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier. The reason why I loved this series so much is because YA books changed a lot in the past couple of years, the stories are more complicated and the characters are so complex .. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but sometimes you just miss the old simple stories and this series delivers that.
So those are my top 10 favorite books of 2016 (so far) what are yours? BTW if you want to know more about each book click on the title and it will redirect you to my review of each book.
*This list is not organized in any way, I’m just randomly listing those books.