Helloooooooooooooooooo.. can you hear me? It’s been SO long and I am really sorry about that but as you know life can get in the way and it takes you a year to finally create a blog post 😅 anyway I don’t want to bore you so let’s get into it already!
My room in our beach house is small, cluttered and tiring to look at so a few weeks ago I decided to redecorate without actually painting the walls, throwing furniture or anything major. I wanted to use a couple of things that I already had, DIY things and make it a place that is relaxing and really cozy.
Let’s start off with the before picture, otherwise, you would not really appreciate the after picture.
Woaaaaah, I know but here are some facts:
- This room was not supposed to be winter themed but my dear mother bought me the wrong duvet, so I was like WAAAAIT a minute why not make it winter themed so that I would have winter ALL YEAR LONG plus I will be able to get loads of decorations, unlike the theme I had in mind.
- Yup, that was not a good idea. Winter all year long does not even sound that appealing.
- Then again, I was 14/15 around that time so most of the ideas that I had around that time were not good.
- It gets worse when I show you close-ups and you have been warned.
This weird thing is actually where I usually hang books I’m reading/wanting to read .. not the most attractive way but it did what it was supposed to do.
I think you’re awfully sick of the before part so be ready to see the end result …🥁
The lighting is not the best since it is night time but you can see a better version on my story, just click HERE!
My bed looks really cozy and comfy, especially for long-late-nights in which I stay up reading.
- I wrapped some fairy lights on my headboard.
- Got a simple plain gray duvet from IKEA
- Bunch of throw pillows from Indigo that were on sale: Plaid Pillow Cover, Fur Pillows which I got in Blush and Gray, Books and Tea pillow which I absolutely adore!
- I also got a fur throw for my bed for an added touch of coziness, however, it turned out to be a bit darker than the picture on the site but it is still lovely.
My nightstand in which almost everything here is from IKEA (gold frame, table lamp, fake plant and pot, even the basket in the nightstand which was an “office organizer” that I spray painted gold) except:
- the beautiful art print which is from Old English Company, their art prints are my favorites, sadly I think they stopped selling it but they have some alternatives that you can check out!
- And my TBR pile
- The dirty clothes basket is actually also from IKEA but I painted white circles on it to make it look better
The top of my dresser I kept pretty simple to avoid any type of clutter. Also, everything here is from IKEA (you can find them in the decor section!) so I am not even gonna bother BUT how cute is this smallish mirror?
Tadaaaaaa here is what I hung instead of old blue/green books holder thing. This wall shelf is from IKEA (I cannot find a link to it though!) but I sprayed painted it chalk black and hung all sorts of knickknacks in.
- Frames and prints are also from IKEA
- The hanging pot thing is quick DIY in which I got this globe and I stuck some of this fake hanging plant in it
In here I created a smallish reading nook, with a rocking chair that I covered with a furry rug, basket, cute throw blanket, lantern and a bunch of frames and prints (Dreams, Sun bleached days) from IKEA except the one with the map. That crack in the wall? It is a sign that I should not be hanging things by myself.
I wanted my room to have more plants in it (even though they are all fake, we know I can barely take care of myself) and gold to give it an elegant/classy vibe and that’s what I did. The cool looking botanic thing, I believe is a spice rack from IKEA that I used in an unusual way 😂
And last but not least is my table, I spray painted it dark gray to go along well with the colors of my room. I also added a wooden tray on top just because I don’t really like the look of it plain. In that tray, I put a fake plant, my all time favorite candle from Bath and Body works, water jug (I am trying my best to drink more water!) and a simple mason jar cup.
I hope you liked the way my room looks now and that I motivated you to start adjusting your room to your comfort (Even if it means covering your whole bed with throw pillows!) If you want more posts like this just let me know, and feel free to ask anything!