Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler 👠
Synopsis from goodreads: “The Devil Wears Prada meets Sex and the City in a wickedly funny debut novel about a girl who lands a dream internship at a magazine in New York City. If only she hadn’t lied about being a dating expert on her resume…
Harper Anderson has always thought she should have been born somewhere more glamorous than her sleepy Northern California suburb. After all, how many water polo matches and lame parties in Bobby McKittrick’s backyard can one girl take?
Already resigned to working at a Skinny B’s Juice Press for the summer, Harper is shocked when the ultra-prestigious teen magazine, Shift, calls to say they want her to be their teen dating blogger for the summer. All she needs to do is get her butt to New York in two days.
There’s just one teeny, tiny problem: Apart from some dance floor make-outs, Harper doesn’t have a whole lot of dating experience. So when Shift’s application asked for an “edgy” personal essay, Harper might have misappropriated her best friend’s experiences for her own. But she can just learn on the job…right? Will the house of lies Harper has built around her dream job collapse all around her, or will she be able to fake it until she makes it in the big city?” This book was AMAZING! It was a blast of fun 💖 it reminded me so much of A Confession of a Shopaholic which is my all time favorite movie. It’s a fun, cute and exciting book to read that’s filled with some serious toe curling moments 😍 I love love loved this book so much and it was EXACTLY what I needed at the moment ✨ if you’re looking for a fun/cute book to read .. Definitely check this book out, you won’t regret it. Then come back to me so we could fangirl together.
Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler ✨ Thanks to @simonteenfor sending me an ARC 💖
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover 🌸
I’m not a human-being anymore. I’m a puddle of emotions and I think it will take me a while to shift back to my human form. Why am I a puddle of emotions you’re wondering? Well I just read It Ends a With Us by Colleen Hoover. I don’t have words to describe the amazing life I’ve lived through this book. I learned so much and I saw things that I wouldn’t see with my own eyes. You need to read this .. whoever you’re whatever you do .. you sure as hell need to read this book because it’s not just a book, it’s a gift to yourself. This book is impaled in my heart, soul and brain and I vowed myself that when I have children and they’re in the right age to read this book, I’ll make them read this book even if it’s the only book that they’ll ever read. There’s so much of everything in this book .. So many raw emotions that’ll pull you in and never let go, I promise you won’t regret reading this book 🌸
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab 🎶
First things first, you should know that I haven’t read any of Victoria’s Schwab books before starting This Savage Song so yeah this book was kinda like an introduction to her writing style and I’m hooked. I loved the book … The storyline, characters and the world building was very descriptive and interesting.
It’s a dark fantasy book that follows our two main characters Kate and August in a city full of vicious monsters and a broken society. This city is divided to two parts and you get to learn about both sides because each of those two characters belong to one side of this city. Kate is a cold-hearted human being who’s trying her best to get her father’s approval. August however, is a monster and his only wish in the world is to be human. Kate and August meet up at a certain part of the book and that’s when .. Shit goes down (that’s one way of saying it).
What’s so interesting about this book is the way the monsters are described and how they function and all of that. I loved the shift between the two point of views because I’m a person who gets bored EASILY but I was not bored at all while reading this book. There isn’t much romance in this book which SHOULD sadden me because I love romance but I didn’t feel that all because this book is filled with action and magic that even a sucker for romance like me wouldn’t notice the lack of it.
If you haven’t watched Emperor’s New Clothing music video by Panic! At the Disco then I recommend that you do because somehow that helped me imagine the monsters more 😂.
Red Velvet Crush by Christiana Meredith 🎶
I was really excited to start this book because it sounded like a blast of fun and it was … but it was also deep. The synopsis from goodreads: “Teddy Lee’s mother ran off when she was in second grade. And ever since, Teddy Lee, the often-overshadowed middle kid, has tried to keep her family together. But her older brother Winston usually keeps himself busy with smoking, drinking, and girls, and who knows what else. Her younger sister Billie is occupied with her shoplifting habit and boys . . . and who knows what else. So when Teddy Lee finally takes the songs she’s always written and forms a band, maybe it’ll bring everyone closer together, maybe it’ll be her time to shine. Unless Billie steals the spotlight—and the boy—just like she always does. Christina Meredith explores the complicated relationship of sisters—both the unconditional love and the unavoidable resentments—in a novel full of music, urgency, the first blushes of love, and the undeniable excitement of hitting the road.” 🎼
Almost all of us has a really annoying sibling but you’ll be grateful for yours once you start this book and if you’re a single child you’ll get to experience the annoyance of having a sibling 🌚 This book was interesting and fun but I actually thought that it was a tad bit predictable for me (because I do read a lot of contemporary/romance books) however that thought didn’t last for long because every time I start predicting something, something els occurs so yeah your predictions are wrong ❌ This book is also deep because it talks about friendships, relationship and familyhood and the problems that can effect those and how some people are dealing with all of those things .. I found it very fascinating.
NovelTea box is a Book subscription box that was made to perfect your night in! In this box you get a novel and you can pick the genre whether it’s the YA, Fantasy/Sci-fi or a romance box. it also includes a beverage! i think that it’s usually tea but it could be something els. You also get some extra things like bath bombs, candles or soaps .. basically anything that helps to you relax and enjoy the night. The box costs $32.99 (in Canadian prices!) including the shipping if you’re in U.S. and Canada. There is international shipping too for those who don’t live in the U.S. and Canada and the prices varies from country to country. If you’re planning on subscribing then use my code “HAYA10” to get 10% off the first 3 renewals of a subscription!
❤️ June Romance Box ❤️
- The first item i picked up is the Tea-Karlas Specialties. You can drink it Hot or Cold .. it smells So good and i bet it tastes even better!
- Tea Snails!! 🐌 These are CUTE! and they are also useful. One of my biggest pet peeve is when I’m pouring the hot water and the tea bag decides to sink in, string and all 😞 BUT NOW I’ve a Tea Snail that i can clip on the side of the cup/mug and then wrap the string around the shell and my tea bag is SAFE.
- Speaking about Tea bags, there were some eco-friendly tea bags 🌎.
- Coconut Macaroons from Living Lotus! These are vegan, gluten free, contains no refined sugar and they’re freshly baked in Vancouver 🇨🇦 They are healthy and SUPER DELICIOUS 😋.
- “As You Wish” candle From The Page candle 🕯 my heart is swooning right now because i love the Princess Bride and this candle smells amazing 💜 The scent is a blend of citrus, cherry blossoms, apple and peach, so fruity and sweet .. i am obsessed! This candle is made with soy wax that’s grown in USA. It’s eco-friendly and renewable.
- Bath Bomb from Reflex Durham 🛀🏽 It’s made from coconut oil and vitamin E to moisturize your skin!
- And the romance book of the month is .. Held Against You by Season Vining. It seems like a really good steamy romantic book that you want to curl up in bed with for the rest of the night.
Here’s a picture of all the contents of the June Box:
I’m so pleased with everything that’s in the box and you guys i have some really important news. Novel Tea Club is looking for reps so check out this picture to know the rules and ENTER THEIR REP SEARCH because it’s SO worth it. Good Luck ♥️
THIS. IS. INSANE. I actually don’t know how i managed to get 50K followers but I’m very thankful and i appreciate every like, comment and follow 💞 Creating a Bookstagram account was a choice that i never regretted because i got to share what i love with MANY people, make awesome friends and discover great books. If you’re thinking about creating your Bookstagram account THEN DO IT 💪
It’s officially time for a GIVEAWAY! and there will be 3 different prizes for 3 different WINNERS!
Owlcrate’s July Box!
The Theme for the box is Good vs Evil. You might receive either a “Good” or an “Evil” box.. you won’t know till you open it MWAHAHAHAHAHA 😈 pssst they will include a full-sized Funko Pop Figure!
Frostbeard Sample Pack!
It’s not secret that i am obsessed with Frostbeard candles and i know many people want to try out their candles and what better way to do that than trying out one of their sample packs! They have 5 different sample packs and the winner gets to choose from them 🕯
This is more of a secret/flash prize .. all you have to do is comment “☕” under this picture in my Instagram account and send me a direct message with the picture of the mug you want from Society6.. YOU ONLY HAVE 5 HOURS!
So here are the rules for all of the GIVEAWAYS:
- this giveaway are open INTERNATIONALLY
- it will run from July 2, 2016 to July 10, 2016 at 11:59 GMT.
- you must be 18 (Or you have a parents permission)
- you will be disqualified for picking up entires you didn’t do.
- if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, i will choose another winner.
- i am not responsible for anything lost in the mail.
To enter the giveaway to win one of the first two prizes you have to follow those steps:
You live under a rock if you still haven’t heard anything about Fairyloot, that’s a fact but HEY there is no shame in that. Patrick Star lives under a rock and he’s perfectly fine .. at least for me and I’m sure once he hears about Fairyloot he is going to be their number 1 fan and same goes for you.
Fairyloot is a .. take a deep breath .. YA-UK-based-Book-Subscription-box that’s mainly focused on FANTASY! Don’t worry they include other (AWESOME!) themes as well. YES THEY DO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY. Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it? Well Fairyloot is the best and most magical book subscription box. Inside the box you get a new released YA book and 4-5 other bookish items. Why do i love Fairyloot so much you’re wondering? First of all, the creator of Fairyloot is the sweetest human-being/Fairy in the world. Secondly, The books that are in their boxes are always great books. Lastly, the attention of details and efforts that are put into this box is beyond me.
I mean, look there is a beautiful quote on the box. I don’t think that i’ll ever be able to throw this box away because it’s beautiful.
They wrap up the book beautifully and i love how most things in the box match. Fairyloot is perfect and i can’t stop talking about that.
The theme for this month (June) is CLASSIC TWIST 🎩
You can watch my unboxing video HERE!
- Those beautiful prints are in the box and the one on the right is actually the unboxing guide 💞 The one on the left has one of my favorite quotes of Pride and Prejudice and it was made by FAIRYLOOT! It’s beautiful and the details are seriously on point
- I’m all about bookmarks and i am totally in love with those. This set of 3 Literary quotes of bookmarks is from Fable and Black. The bookmarks are bright, beautiful and totally bookish! exactly how i like my bookmarks to be.
- I totally wasn’t kidding when i said that Fairyloot is the best because LOOK! They even included a candle in this month’s box. This is the Bronte’s Secret Candle and it was made by William and Joseph exclusively for Fairyloot ✨ It smells so gooooood and i want to light it up but at the same time i don’t want to use it because i want it to last till forever
- Those beautiful Swallow Earrings are from House of Wonderland. Your ears will never go naked again especially when you’re reading a classic/historical book .. why? because i said so.
- Chapter 5 Proud to be Bookish bracelet is a bonus item and it’s adorable! I just love it.
- A MR.DARCY FUNKO POP! I am sure that nobody was expecting a full size Funko POP! Vinyl Figure but here it’s in its full glory 💖 Did you receive Mr. Darcy or Elizabeth Bennet?
- And the book of the month is 🥁 Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh 🥁 and again that’s one of the reasons why i love Fairyloot so much, they are always choosing THEE perfect book! the kind of book that you are really excited to read. This book came with a SIGNED letter, a bookmark, a postcard (YES! now i can take it with me everywhere and take pictures of it without having to carry the actual book) and a SIGNED bookplate!
The June Classic Twist box was amazing and it was filled to the brim with gorgeous items 💜
Don’t forget to join their newsletter so you could be informed on when you can order their August box because the theme is Dark Deeds and trust me when i say you don’t want to miss out on that box and fair warning YOU BETTER GET YOURS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT! because they sell out fast.
Broken Prince by Erin Watt💙
Broken Prince is the second book in The Royals series, the first one is Paper Princess and I have a full review of it up on my blog so you can check it out. I am obsessed with this series, it’s really good and you guys can’t fathom how happy I was when I got en email saying I received an ARC of Broken Prince.
Usually second books are not as interesting as the first book (For me at least) but not in this case. Broken Prince was just as good as Paper Princess and oh myyyy god it was filled with plot twists, characters development and unexpected things that will leave you dying to get TWISTED PALACE!
In Broken Prince you get to know more about The Royals and that’s a blessing because they’re all complex characters and everybody wants to know why they’re this way so Broken Prince strips away layer after layer of some specific characters and yeah your favorite Royal might be one of those characters 🌪 you also get to read the story from two different point of views and that’s just awesome. Like I said before there are some killer plot twists In this book and you will not be able to put it down. I kinda had a meltdown after finishing this book BECAUSE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING AFTER READING BROKEN PRINCE I seriously can’t wait till October to read Twisted Palace and yeah I’ve been Royally Ruined since I’ve read the blurb of Paper Princess 💁🏻 if you haven’t read Paper Princess yet then check it out and you can read the first 10 chapters without buying the book and trust me you will get hooked and you will not be able to stop reading it .. You’re welcome in advance ✨ and if you’re waiting for Broken Prince then HANG IN THERE because it’s definitely worth every second of the wait
And I Darken by Kiersten White ⚔
Vlad The Impaler is one of the most vicious, gruesome and sadistic historical figure. He’s also known for being the inspiration for the fictional character “Count Dracula” interesting, right? Well Kristen White thought it’d be even more interesting if Vlad The Impaler was a girl and she’s more than right and the only you can confirm that is by reading And I Darken.
This book consumed my heart and brain and I simply can’t stop thinking about it. And I Darkness is a unique dark story, it’s nothing like any YA book you have read before. It’s a story that follows the life of Princess Lada Dragwlya the daughter of the prince of Wallachia, from the day she was born. Lada is very different from any princess, she’s brutal and a bit dark unlike her gentle, sweet younger brother Radu. Lada and Radu were wrenched from Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts. You follow their story as they grow older in the lands of their enemies, and it’s a story that you really don’t want to miss out.
And I Darken talks about politics, religions and sexism in an honest, satisfying way that doesn’t cause harm to anybody and that’s a rare thing. The characters of this book are really interesting and complex. I loved Lada because she’s simply strong, hot tempered and different from any other heroine. One of the best things about this book is that you see those characters grow and develop their personalities and differences. Like I said before it’s really interesting and it talks about an era that not many people are familiar with so trust me when I say that you won’t be able to put it down.
This book was provided by Netgalley and the release date of this book is on 28th of June.
Illumicrate is a UK based quarterly book subscription box that ships internationally! Inside the box you will get a new released book and other things for book lovers ✨ the box costs £29.99 which includes free shipping for UK! Additional shipping costs will be applied for international shipping. What i like about Illumicrate is that each and every single box they sent out had an AMAZING new released book and some really awesome bookish item so all of that makes it worth the wait! You can also watch my unboxing video.
This is the May box and these are the contents of the box:
- The book of the month is “When We Collided” by Emery Lord and it came with a signed bookplate and some really cute postcards (Picture below)
- There’s also a sample for “Stranger The Dreamer” by Laini Taylor which is one of my high anticipated books of 2016.
- Exclusive Ex Libris Stamp by Little Stamp Store and i got the fox one 😍 it’s so adorable, i am going to stamp everything i own with it!
- Book Club Mug by The Art of Escapism. This is actually a plastic mug and that’s bloody brilliant! Now i have a bookish mug that i will be able take with me everywhere and i won’t have to worry about it breaking.
- A gorgeous “Readers Gonna Read” pin by Literary Emporium.
- An adorable exclusive Bookworm Clips by My Bookish Mark.
- “To Be Read List” Notepad by Goodnight Boutique. It’s so pretty and useful! 💜
Most of those items were made EXCLUSIVELY made for Illumicrate and that’s not all .. There were loads of extras and you get a discount code for the above shops.
If you have any question about this box i would be more than happy to answer 💛